World famous bodybuilder Kevin Levrone stayed at Park Hotel & Spa during his visit to Macedonia. Levrone is an American professional bodybuilder. His highest achievement is winning the IFBB Arnold Cassic twice and being a four-time runner-up at IFBB Mr. Olympia. Levrone has visited Macedonia for the second time now to promote a healthy lifestyle and to hold educative seminars for his branded supplements.
How long has fitness been your profession and what was your motivation to start with fitness in the first place?
– Fitness and bodybuilding have been my profession for 27 years now. I started working out in high school, I was practicing frequently and I loved how it felt, so I just got addicted to the feeling.
How do you keep your body in good shape and what is your daily routine?
– Well you know, when you have been doing it for this long it becomes a part of your lifestyle, something that you do naturally after you have done it for this long it’s not a problem at all.
What do you eat during the day?
– I eat low-fat products, I like fish, I don’t eat a lot of red meat, I like eating fish and vegetables, so it’s mostly healthy food.
What is more important, eating healthy or exercising?
– The state of mind is the most important because having a fit body is a sacrifice. You need to be happy with your life, with your job and with the way you feel. You need to have balance in your life and for me, that is the most important part.
How do you stay motivated?
– People motivate me, being able to help a lot of people helps me realize that they are depending on me, and that’s what drives me.
What do you recommend to anyone who wants to stay fit?
– For the ones that want to give it a shot, I say go for it. There are going to be days when you will want to eat everything, so go ahead and do it. You just have to listen to your body, it knows what you need and what works for you. Part of being fit is understanding what works for your body. You don’t want to suffer, you don’t want to say I can’t eat this. You can still eat what you want and do the fitness part. First, you start once a week, two, or maybe three times a week, and then if you like how it feels it will become part of what you do, a healthy habit.
How many times a week do you recommend having a work-out?
– At least 3 times a week. Doesn’t matter when, in the morning you have to do some stretching, cardio-vascular exercises, walking on a treadmill, squats, ride a bike. You do not have to go to a fitness center, there are some home exercises you can do when you are actually at work, at your desk. It ’s going to be a little slow at first, at least until you start feeling comfortable doing them.
Have you visited Fitness Park?
– Yes, I’m there every day, I don’t need to go anywhere else.
I like their policy and the fact that it has everything that I need.
What are the main supplements that you recommend to all bodybuilding fans?
– White bread is not good for your body, and supplements don’t substitute food, they are supposed to help. If you have a busy day and you don’t have time for lunch, you can take a protein bar. Everyone likes the protein bars because they taste really good and have 10 different flavors. They are our best sellers because when you taste them, they taste like ice-cream, but they’re also healthy. We find a way to be able to make the healthy food taste good. A lot of women make protein pancakes because they taste really good.
How do you like your stay here?
– It’s my 2nd visit here in Macedonia in a matter of three years, I would like to come back again next year and I’m looking forward to it. It’s a great place, I just want to relax and spend some time in the hotel today because I’ll wake up in the morning and exercise. The breakfast buffet is incredible and I like the fact that there is a piano there because I play the piano. I will spend all day here and enjoy all the amenities the hotel has.
What is your favorite part of the hotel?
– The room Is awesome. I don’t want to leave my room! I have been to a lot of hotels, but the designs here are great, I like everything about the room. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in my life. The view is also beautiful, I have the curtains completely open. I really love it!